Financial Literacy Day set Feb. 14 at USFSM
Loretta J. Mester, president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, will be the keynote speaker for the fourth annual Financial Literacy Day: Understanding Global Markets and Finance, scheduled Feb. 14 at USF Sarasota-Manatee.
Mester, who became president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in June 2014, is an economist who participates on the Federal Open Market Committee in the formation of U.S. monetary policy.
The event includes Jay Bryson, managing director and acting chief economist at Wells Fargo Bank; William A. Strauss, senior economic adviser at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago; and Michael McKee, an international economics and politics correspondent for Bloomberg TV and Radio.
Cumberland Advisors, the Global Interdependence Center (GIC) and USF Sarasota-Manatee are sponsoring the half-day event at Selby Auditorium, 8350 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota. To register, visit bit. ly/2MLfmaV.
Also scheduled are:
• Megan E. Greene, senior fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School.
• Nicholas Colas, cofounder of DataTrek Research, which produces the DataTrek Morning Briefing on investment and economic news.
• John R. Mousseau, president, CEO and director of fixed income at Cumberland Advisors
• Dave Nadig, managing director of ETF.com, which provides news and analysis about exchange-traded funds.
• Chris Hartshorn, chief commercial officer at risQ Inc., which models financial risks posed by climate change.
• Christopher Whalen, chairman of Whalen Global Advisors LLC, and the author of three books, including, “Ford Men: From Inspiration to Enterprise.”
• Eddie Sanchez Jr., a professor of finance at USF Sarasota-Manatee.
For more information, visit bit.ly/2QB9vpR. Submitted by Rich Shopes
Loretta Mester became president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in June 2014.